Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Your Papa Buddy



Jalin & Devin,

I know this post is long past due, for no other reason than I just didn't know what to say...or how much to say about your Papa, my father. And then, last night you both said something that was pretty special. You were bother sitting down, watching TV when a commercial for a 'scooter chair' came on, like the one that Papa would use to get around the house sometimes. Jalin, you made the comment that if Papa was alive, we could get the chair for him to keep at our house so that when he came to visit, he could us it. Devin, your reply to that was, "It's ok that Papa died because now he is not sick anymore." And then you said that "Jesus came down to get Papa from his grave and took him back up to heaven and painted him gold like an angel." Insightful words from a 4 yr old! Thank you.

Your Papa Buddy died on March 11th, 2009, due to complications from a hip surgery. He was only 56....in the big scheme of things, a young man. I don't know how long the memory of him will stick with you guys as you are so young now and have so much growing up to do, but I sure hope you remember him. On days that he was not feeling well, seeing you, he would try to put on his best face. You guys brightened his days.

It sounds selfish to say, but I feel like I now have a burden to bear, big shoes to fill. He was an amazing man of God, husband, and father. And now, I wonder if I can be as good as he was. I'll certainly try.

No comments: